Advent & Christmas 2020
Advent Conspiracy Study | Sundays, Nov. 29, Dec. 6, 13, 20 at 7:30pm on Zoom | Join Alyssa, our Wesley Seminary intern, on the four Advent Sunday evenings beginning Nov. 29 from 7:30-9pm on Zoom, as she leads us in the Advent Conspiracy on Sunday evenings over Zoom. Advent Conspiracy is founded on the radical idea that we can celebrate Christmas humbly, beautifully, and generously without ending the season exhausted and feeling like we missed the real point of it all. Advent is the story of a wondrous moment when God entered our world to make things right. It is the greatest story ever told and it changes everything, it should change everything—including the way we celebrate Christmas. By dedicating our lives together to the four key tenets of Advent Conspiracy – 1) Worshipping fully, 2) Spending less, 3) Giving more, and 4) Loving all – we will, together, fall in love with the awe-inducing, soul-satisfying mystery of the incarnation. Sign-up now for our Advent Conspiracy Study.
CHRISTMAS FUN & CHEER
O Zoom All Ye Faithful: A Christmas Pageant | Sunday, Dec. 20, during 10am Sunday worship | Join us on Facebook live or our YouTube channel for quick and hilarious Zoom rendition of the Christmas story.
CHRISTMAS WORSHIP SERVICES
Christmas Drive in Worship | Wed, Dec 23 at 6pm at Aldersgate Church (1301 Collingwood Rd, Alexandria, VA 22308 | Register your car NOW! | Welcome the newborn King with the Kingstowne Communion in person from the safe and flexible comfort of your own car with carols, a Christmas message, communion, and candlelight. Arrive early for optimum traffic flow and view of the stage, and then listen along to the service over FM radio. We have rented flatbed trailers for staging that we can light and decorate like we do the barn, and when you arrive you will be provided with a worship kit to help you participate from the warmth of your own car. There will be no access to restrooms before, during, or after the service. Please stay in your cars the entire time.
- More people can attend than in socially-distanced in-person worship.
- More staging room, so the whole worship band can play and lead music together now
- You only have to wear a mask when you roll down your window to receive your worship kit (candles, communion, bulletin, etc.)
- You can sing along in your car as loud and forceful as you’d like!
- You can take communion during the service, not after it.
- You can bring your own snacks, dinner, and drinks with you to enjoy during the service.
- You will be warm the whole time in your car
- You will never have trouble hearing the service because you have control over the volume.
- No health forms or temperature checks necessary because you will remain in your car with windows up the entire time.
Christmas Eve Worship at Home | Thurs, Dec. 24 at 10am, 5, 8, and 11:45pm | In addition to our in-person Christmas at the Barn services on December 23, we will be hosting four Christmas Eve at Home worship experiences online on December 24 to help you to engage with the meaning of Christmas and welcome the new born King from the comfy, cozy comfort of your home or wherever you might be traveling this Christmas. Join us at the time that works best for you and your Christmas Eve plans: