While we're working our way through our fall series The Handmaid's Tale, biblical stories of the silenced, join us for a book club, reading together Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale and recently released sequel The Testaments.
How to participate:
1. Order the books and begin reading!
The Handmaid's Tale: https://www.amazon.com/Handmaids-Tale-Margaret-Atwood/dp/038549081X/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=the+handmaids+tale&qid=1568414368&s=gateway&sprefix=the+handmaids+&sr=8-3
The Testaments: https://www.amazon.com/Testaments-Novel-Margaret-Atwood-ebook/dp/B07KVLPYDQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=the+handmaids+tale&qid=1568414424&s=gateway&sprefix=the+handmaids+&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFDMFA0OEdOUVVLODkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3NTQ4MjkxMVU4NUFISUhaOE84JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMDUwNzMzSEVZNzA2S0s1REROJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
2. Let us know you plan to read along by RSVPing on this event.
3. Join the Kingstowne Book Club group: facebook.com/groups/ktownebookclub
4. Engage weekly on discussion group as we throw out things to think about as you're reading.
5. Attend the in-person book club gathering with light refreshments, led by Vanessa Hope at her home (address TBA) on:
Saturday, Nov. 2, 4-6pm
For more information:https://www.facebook.com/events/537520323687582/